Aaron H. Swartz (November 8, 1986 – January 11, 2013) was an American computer programmer, writer, political organizer and Internet activist. Two colleagues and friends of Aaron Swartz talk about his activism and vision of technology in the service of a more democratic and just society.
“When internet activists are getting longer prison sentences than rapists, you have to wonder what kind of world we're leaving for our kids.” -Anonymous
“With enough of us, around the world, we'll not just send a strong message opposing the privatization of knowledge — we'll make it a thing of the past.” -Aaron Swartz
“This is your life, this is your country — and if you want to keep it safe, you need to get involved.” -Aaron Swartz
Aaron Swartz and a depraved Justice System
“Be curious. Read widely. Try new things. I think a lot of what people call intelligence just boils down to curiosity.” -Aaron Swartz
- Anonymous Operation Last Resort - In Response To Death Of Aaron Swartz
- INTERNET FREEDOM: The Past, Present and Future of Internet Censorship
- ITU: Hands off our Internet! Sign the petition for a FREE and OPEN Internet
- Privacy is Dead. Google and Facebook know everything about YOU!
- 3 Censored TED Talks They Do Not Want You To See
- 13 year old Logan LaPlante: Hackschooling Makes Me Happy
- 15 year old invents New Method of Diagnosing Cancer
- Mozilla joins Anonymous against Congress & CISPA
- We Are Legion - The Story of the Hacktivists 2012 (Documentary)
- Mainstream Media Corruption EXPOSED! The Illusion of Choice
- THINK for yourself. Question Everything!